The Leahy Lounge

Friday, November 25, 2005

Age of Chip!

Now dawns the Age of Chip! I thought this picture was wonderful and so appropriate for what went down recently in the Leahy Lounge (I will be changing the blog name BTW). That's me--the gallant knight holding the flagpole up high--Sergio's holding the pole a little lower. Philipe guards my back, sword poised to strike down all who oppose us and Colibri stands behind Sergio, somewhat in the shadows, but ready for mayhem nonetheless.

You have probably already guessed who is in the pile of "BANNED" corpses we are standing on: Coach Leahy dead center, Champion Sound (note his big bald head), Swarthington (buried and rotting left of center) and Professor Eli (sliding off the pile to the left).

It's been a really stressful week, what with my dad dying and me taking over the Leahy Lounge and all. If it wasn't for my good friends, I don't know how I would have pulled through (thanks, guys!!!). I almost hate to say it, but when Dad died, it was like a 400 pound gorilla on my back died too, and then the dead gorilla fell off my back, and then it was like a 400 pound weight was taken off of me. You know what I mean?

I remember Dad used to stand on my head with his hard work shoes and say "a nickel for your thoughts." Then, if I made any sound, he'd throw a nickel in my face. He got the biggest kick out of it, but he never did it when other people were around--it was our special thing I guess. Well, there aren't any hard shoes on Chip Margolious' head anymore and Dad certainly isn't laughing. With Dad gone, my long-hidden TYPE A personality has smashed out of its prison and has climbed up to the mountaintop like a beacon that could climb mountains somehow, as if to say, "Here I am, World!!! I have so much to give!!!"
# :: posted by Anonymous, 3:50 PM
|