The Leahy Lounge

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

In Memory of my Father


Today we mourn the untimely death of my father, BA Margolious. My father and I didn't really have an affectionate relationship or a loving relationship. Or much of a relationship at all. In fact, the one constant in our relationship was abuse and humiliation. He was proud of me though, I think. Actually, he really wasn't. Anything even remotely resembling "pride", or more specifically "not hate" was probably just him manipulating me. I remember this one time he came home drunk and he woke me up by putting out a lit cigarette on my forehead. He kind of mumbled something about wanting to spend time with his "daughter" and that this is why he woke me up but he just passed out on my bed. He suffocated my little dog Pepe that night. That's not a very fond memory come to think of it.

Well my dad did have some positive influence on my life; he introduced me to Professor Eli. I have a song I'd like to sing for my muse, Professor Eli Slapworthy.

Do you realize, Professor Eli?
That you have the most beautiful face?
Do you realize, Professor Eli?
We're floating in space?
Do you realize, Professor Eli?
That happiness makes you cry? (actually most things make me cry - Drama Queen!)
Do you realize, Professor Eli?
That everyone you know someday will die? Except for me of course.

Now that I think about it, singing a song from the album "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots" is probably not the most appropriate thing considering how my father died. But I think he would have appreciated it considering he always considered me a huge disappointment.

I love you dad!
# :: posted by Anonymous, 9:19 AM
|